A person who is not an Australian citizen requires a permit i.e. “Visa” to travel to, enter and remain in Australia either temporarily or permanently. The laws and procedures governing migration to Australia are complex and constantly subject to change. There are approximately 150 different kinds of temporary and permanent visa categories. Each visa category has its own set of criteria, which if not met, will result in the application being refused.
Portelli & Co offer a full range of migration services across all visa categories. We will advise you of the most appropriate visa options for your particular circumstances and intentions.
We are able to assist you with the current laws and procedures governing migration to Australia, Australian visas and visa requirements, permanent and temporary residence, citizenships, visa cancellations, deportations and appeals across all these categories.
Main Immigration Categories
- Visitors: For people to visit or extend their stay in Australia for holiday, sightseeing, or recreational reasons, to visit relatives, friends, or other short-term non-work purposes.
- Students: For people to come to Australia for the purpose of undertaking study.
- Family: For fiances, partners, children, parents and other relatives of Australian citizens and permanent residents a number of migration options may be available.
- Workers/Employee Sponsored: For people with recognised skills seeking to work in Australia after being sponsored by an Australian or overseas employer.
- Skilled Migration: For people who wish to migrate to Australia who are not sponsored by an employer but have the skills in particular occupations required in Australia.
- Business: For people wishing to come to Australia for a business related visit or people wishing to establish or develop a new or existing business, or invest in Australia.